Taking Better Pictures – Introductory Photography Class
This introductory class is for any student, with any camera (it doesn’t have to be a DSLR!) who wants to learn to Take Better Pictures! Over two evenings, you will learn basic techniques in lighting, composition and posing to achieve better photos. If you’re retired and headed on a vacation or a new parent who wants to learn to take better photos in a friendly, relaxed environment, this is a great class for you!
If you have a DSLR Camera and you’re interested in learning how to use all of the buttons and functions relative to your camera’s manual mode, our “Using Your DSLR Camera” class may be better suited to you. If you are unsure what class to take, contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
What do we cover?
- Learn the basics in composition and posing when photographing people and pets,
- Understand the importance of White Balance and Color,
- Basic Lighting techniques and how to recognize “good” lighting,
- Learn and use the different camera modes available to you, such as; Night, Sports, Pet, Macro, Fireworks, etc.
- Explore Portrait Photography styles such as, Traditional, Glamour, Lifestyle, Conceptual and abstract,
- Tips on photographing Landscapes,
- Flash: When to use it and when to turn it off,
- How to care for your camera and equipment.
You’ll be able to try out your new skills and review them in a laidback and collaborative environment.
Enrol now for Taking Better Pictures- Introductory to Photography Class and start taking photos you’ll want to keep forever!
What Students Have Said
“I learned a lot more than I thought I would. How to use the shutter speed and aperture were big mysteries to me before. Thanks for an awesome course!” — Melinda Fraser
“This class was great! I really feel that I can use my camera more effectively and will hopefully get some better pictures.” — Amanda Morrison
“This is a great course for people looking to learn their new SLR and be well on their way to taking even better pictures!” — Chandra Ashton
|Length & Format||6 hours total
Weekdays 2 nights of 3 hours each
|Maximum Number of Students||12|
|To Bring With You||
Please see this page for complete details on what to bring, and what not to bring.
EdmontonThe King’s University College – Edmonton (info and map)
9125 50 St NW
Edmonton, AB T6B 2H3
|Tuesdays (6:30-9:30) Mar 7, 14||$149||
Only 6 days, 21 hours
until registration closes
To ensure a quality all courses have limited seating. Popular courses can fill up well in advance. If you are intent on a specific date or if you want to take the soonest offering register now.